LSST is pleased to sponsor you as a student, under Tier 4. Both you and the School need to work together to ensure that we remain compliant with the conditions of sponsorship. This is critical, because if we fail to comply, your visa might be revoked and so might our sponsor licence; thus preventing us from sponsoring students.
Registering with the Police
New arrivals in the United Kingdom, who will be here for longer than 6 months are reminded to check the immigration entry stamp in their passports to see whether they are required to register with the police.If you do need to register, you must do so within 7 days of your arrival. When registering, students should take with them their passport, two passport-sized photographs and their registration fee. For more information click here.
School Attendance Requirements
- Students are expected to attend all lectures, tutorials, seminars, projects, examinations and enrolment as scheduled for their course of study.Students are required to achieve a level of at least 80% attendance throughout their course.
- Students are expected to arrive for their classes on time (i.e. 10:00 am for the morning class, 2:00pm for the afternoon class or 6pm for the evening class) and remain for the duration of the teaching session. Late arrival at, and early departure from teaching sessions is disruptive, discourteous and unfair to other class members and lecturers.
- An attendance register is to be taken at each class. It is the responsibility of the lecturer/tutor to ensure that the register is available. However it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to ensure they have signed the register.
- If for any reason, a student does not attend as specified above, a written note should be submitted to or emailed the School administration office with reasons for non-attendance (dedicated email address is:
- In the event that the student is ill or has an accident, a self certification form should be completed and emailed or handed to the school administration office. For the absence to be authorised, a student needs to provide documentary evidence from their GP or Hospital of their attendance for diagnosis and treatment. The Doctor’s note should also state the period that the student could not attend LSST while recovering.
- For any other class absences, students must notify the school administration office in advance or as soon as possible.
- Examples of unacceptable reasons for absence include: traffic delays, attending family celebrations, employment or extra-curricular activities.
- Holidays are not allowed during semester time under any circumstances.
- Compassionate Leave is granted where a death has occurred to a close member of a family and student wishes to attend the funeral. In this case, a maximum of three weeks of compassionate leave will be authorized as long as documented evidence of the death has been produced (such as death certificate or doctor/ hospital letter). This covers only grand parents, parents, siblings or offspring will be included as a close member of family and not aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces or friends.
In addition to requiring all students to achieve a level of at least 80% attendance, Tier 4 students issued with CAS who miss 10 expected points of contact without authorization from the School will be reported to the UKBA.
LSST defines one point of contact as one class.
- In some instances the above policy may need to be adapted to the student’s mode of study e.g.:
- Student writing up their project are required to be in contact with their personal tutors.
- Extensions and referrals- if an extension is given to a student or they are allowed to repeat a period of study, which does not require regular presence at classes.
- In the above instances, meetings with a tutor, e-mail and phone calls to a tutor and electronic submissions may be considered to be a point of contact.
The School Management System (GDSMS) generates automated reports and alerts the users in following ways:
- when a student misses two points of contact – warning email is sent to the student
- when a student misses five points of contact – warning email is sent to the student
- when a student misses eight points of contact – warning email is sent to the student
- when a student misses ten points of contact – student will be suspended from the School and reported to the UKBA (this will result in your visa being revoked)
You can find more information in the Student Attendance Policy.
On arrival at the School you will be asked to complete an enrolment form which includes personal details, address, telephone and mobile number, next of kin details and emergency contact details. You are required to inform the School whenever you change any of your contact details by submitting a Notification form at the School Reception. All official communication between the School and the student will be forwarded to the term address provided by the student.
The School will also take copies of your qualifications, passport and BRP. You are also required to produce these documents to the School whenever asked by the administration staff.
To find out whether you are allowed to work please click here.
There are other conditions of your stay while you are a student under Tier 4 of the points-based system. Please click here for more information.