Post graduate year 1: Level 7 - EDSML (Edexcel)
BTEC Level 7 Professional qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership are designed to provide focused and specialist vocational short courses, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards where appropriate, with a clear work-related emphasis. The qualifications provide short vocational programmes of study that meet the individual needs of learners. There is a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the sector. They are particularly suitable for more mature learners who wish to follow a short programme of study that is directly related to their work experience or to an aspect of employment that they wish to move into in due course. On successful completion of these qualifications, national recognition by employers enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study in the vocational area.
Learners are able to progress across the range of Level 7 qualifications, from Award to Certificate to Diploma to Extended Diploma. These BTEC qualifications also support Continuing Professional Development (CPD), as well as enabling sideways progression to Masters degrees, such as an MBA, or a Level 7 NVQ in Management.
BTEC Professional qualifications are designed to meet a range of different needs.
The qualifications offer:
- maximum flexibility with a range of different-sized Level 7 programmes
- the opportunity to certificate smaller blocks of learning designed to motivate learners and encourage widening participation in education and training
- courses that relate to the particular training and employment patterns in a sector
- courses that may offer preparation for specific jobs when in employment
- the opportunity to use a range of delivery methods
- opportunities for learners to develop skills that support career and professional development
- underpinning knowledge, skills and understanding linked, where appropriate, to named NVQs
- programmes that can enable progression either to higher levels of study or to other courses at the same level of study.